BF Bolt Launches

Online Newspaper Begins New Era at BF

Zach Kim

The old BF Almanac, now replaced by the online version.

Zach Kim, Staff Writer

A new chapter and section of BF has started. After lots of hard work, time and effort, on October 31, 2017 the BF Bolt relaunched with a new online presence. The BF Bolt is the new official online newspaper of BF. Covering all things BF and Ridgewood it is available for all to see, but made especially for the students of BF. Before this BF had been without a newspaper for many many years. Specifically since the “BF Voice” section in the Ridgewood News was eliminated about five years ago, the last presence BF had in the paper since it’s own independant newspaper was cut many years before that. But now the online newspaper is launching, reviving a school paper that’s been dead for far too long.  But really this paper started nearly a year ago….

It was months ago when a group of eighth graders including former President Aaron Friedman and Logan Richman asked a question. Why didn’t BF have a paper? With all of the clubs and extracurricular activities BF had to offer shouldn’t there be a newspaper club? They decided to act on their idea. First they went to Mr. Ordini asking him to be their mentor, pitching him the idea of bringing back the school paper. But with the old printing press now gone this time the newspaper would be an online base made by and for the students and faculty of BF.

After creating a presentation they pitched the idea to the Ridgewood Home and School Association. The Association loved the idea and gave a generous grant to fund the website. Now months later, the first edition of what will hopefully be a long tradition, is releasing to the public.

For the future, the BF Bolt will be made by Mr. Ordini’s Journalism class and the Newspaper club with the Journalism class doing the bulk of the work. Overall the goal is for the paper to grow where it can be a full breakdown of what’s happening at BF, a covering of the sport’s at the High School, profiles of teachers, articles written by students, and even more. This is a great way to keep BF informed and to give them the information they need about the school they go to. Be sure to look forward to many more things and be sure to check back weekly as the newspaper expands.